Flurfing = surfing + flirting

Babes in Lorne - photo by the amazing Rennie Ellis
A couple of weeks ago I paddled out at Urquharts and saw a surfer spunkrat I had admired from afar all of last summer. He was looking at me, I was looking at him, he was looking at me, I was looking at him so I broke first and casually asked 'How's it going? Haven't seen you around for a while'.

Woah. Great opening line.

We chatted, caught some waves and then as he was paddling back out and I was sorta drifting around not doing much in the line-up (nothing unusual there), he paddled close to me then pulled my board towards his, Johnny Utah style.

Well played, sir. Well played.

That was when I realised there should be a word for this.

Flirting + surfing = FLURFING

I'm still at the rookie flurfing stage - extended eye contact, joking around, laughing and smiling and all the while trying not to look crazed and to keep an eye on the sets coming in. It looks a little like this...


Can be tricky, but man it makes surfing a lot more exciting ... and I'm willing to put in the time to perfect the flurf.

Comments

Popular Posts